Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Everything is Amazing and Nobody's Happy"

2008-2009 Entry #4

I was driving in my car, on my way to work one day, when I heard this clip on the radio. In it there is a comedian by the name of Louis C.K. who says a few things that really got me thinking. Watch the clip and then read on...




So after hearing what he has to say - how much of it do you feel is true? How often do we take for advantage all of the technology that is around us? Technology advances at such a fast rate. Take for instance the cell phone. Invented in the 1940's - but really only became popular in the last decade or so. As a teenager I never had a cell phone, or an MP3 player - I had a walkman and later was lucky enough to get a discman. All this technology is really a very new trend that has many people wrapped around its finger. I have to admit that I am even stuck in this web of technology. I have a cell phone that I never leave the house with, an iPod that I love to listen to, a laptop that I rely upon to surf the web, type out notes and let us not forget about emails and facebook!

In your response think about and discuss any reactions you have to the video clip. Discuss how important technology is in your life. What are the items you just can't live without - or could you? Ask your parents about technology that exists today that never existed when they were young. With technology advancing at such a fast rate - what else could humanity possibly invent that isn't already out there in one shape or form. Share your thoughts and ideas with the class.

No comments: