Monday, November 25, 2013

Brilliant Advertising

So a while back I received another 'funny' email from one of my friends, the kind of friend that forwards every email - and you swear you've seen certain 'jokes' a million times!  Anyone, this one time this email caught my eye...

Colgate has created a very ingenious advertising campaign to promote their dental floss, but before I explain to you the main detail of these images, I will let you appreciate them quietly...




Alright, now that you had time to quietly observe the images, in the first one you will now notice that she has one finger too many in her hand, in the second one a phantom arm is floating there, and in the third one the man has only one ear...
The campaign attained its purpose, because it proved that food that remains on your teeth draw more attention than any physical defect...
What a great ad campaign!  Effective, simple, eye-catching, you name it - I like it!  So that got me thinking, there are tons of different ad campaigns out there.  Some are fantastic, and others not-so-much.

For your next blog you are going to select an ad campaign that you feel is 'one of the best!'  Explain your reasonings behind your choice.  What makes this a great ad?  and why?  Research effective ad campaigns and make comparisons to the one you chose.

No comments: