Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Blog Post #4 - 2015

Stereotypes or Stereo-Gripes...


Commercials annoy me.  Anyone who knows me knows that as soon as a commercial comes on I either change the channel on the TV or turn down the volume.  Commercials are annoying.

Unfortunately the other day a commercial came on and low and behold I couldn't find the remote!!!  It was buried under cushions, or hiding somewhere - and then this commercial came on:



At first I chuckled, quickly and briefly, until my husband spoke up and said "What a horrible commercial!"  I asked him why and he said he was actually insulted by many of the things being said.  

And he's right you know.   Most people would very quickly shut-down any kind of commercial like that that was directed towards woman - so why shouldn't men be just as upset when comments like that are broadcasted on public tv?

So what do you think about the ad?  Is it done in good taste - with a little humour - or is it highly offensive? Have your say by posting your own blog about stereotypes in commercials.  Be sure to find your own example to support your arguments.

No comments: