Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Kids and Video Games

Blog Post #2 - 2016

Oh video games ...

What can I say that hasn't already been said ... so many articles, so many debates ... the arguments out there are endless.   Parents complain about how much time kids spend playing games, kids complain that they don't have enough time to play.  People argue that video games have too much influence on the young mind, others say they can be educational.  Whatever your belief, no one position can be 100% truth.

And then, just the other day, as I am getting ready for work, and listening to the news, I hear this story:

"11 year old boy takes parent's car for a joyride after playing Grand Theft Auto" - City News




Now, to be honest - I was shocked - kind of thought to myself "really?  that actually happens?"  And so it did.  An 11 year old boy was playing Grand Theft Auto - and decided after playing the game, that he wanted to know what it would really be like to drive a car.  He grabbed his parents car keys and off he went on an adventure down highway 400! Crazy I know .. but clearly video games are still more of an influence than we realize.





So tell me what do you think about all of this?  How much influence do you see video games having in your life?  or the life of your friends?    Write a blog post about your thoughts on video games and maybe not just video games that you play on consoles, but certainly those video games you can get on your phones are just as interesting to discuss too ... 8 ball anyone???

No comments: